What happens next?
After the deadline has passed, all applications will be reviewed and participants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible. If we receive more applications than can be funded, priority will be given to staff who have not previously accessed Erasmus funding. Additionally, colleges and administrative departments may be asked to prioritise applications from their staff.
Staff whose applications are successful must complete the required Erasmus documentation in order to receive the funds.
You will receive detailed email correspondence in relation to the paperwork required and the funding you will receive.
Pre and post departure meetings are offered to participants if required.
All employees and students of the University are covered under the insurance policy whilst travelling on University business.
All travellers should refer to the form, F-E.17.1 Summary of Travel Cover 2018-19, and should take a copy with them.
If you need to make a claim, you can download the necessary form here. The form needs to be completed in full, and then sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any relevant documents. Please do not send any claim directly to the insurers.
The Erasmus grants are provided as contributions towards travel and subsistence and might not cover all trip expenses. The funding covers:
- Travel Costs related to the trip (travel from home to host and back BUT NOT local travel)
- Subsistence costs – hotel, food, local travel etc
We can award funding for up to 2 travel days which is a day's subsistence for trvael before and/or after participating in teaching or training activities. If you will participate in teaching or training activity on the same day as travelling, you are not entitled to a travel day. Once your travel has been booked please forward the details to Corinne Rees so that the travel days can be alloacted accordingly.
The exact amount awarded will depend on receipted expenditure. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the full amount of funding will be awarded.
To ensure that expenses claims are not rejected please follow these guidelines:
- Input each receipt individually and provide full details of the expenditure incurred: Claim date, type, details (what the receipt is for e.g. taxi, meal, bus ticket etc.
- Itemised receipts preferred, if you only have the credit card receipt please note what the receipt is for.
- If claiming for one person but the bill/receipt is for more, this will need to be explained as well as the division sum
- Mileage should be calculated as a round trip not two separate journeys and the following mileage rates will apply: (AA mileage calculator preferred) Up to 120 miles = 45p | Over 120 miles = 13p