Enrolment for Continuing Students

Late enrolment and arrivals

If you arrive after your course start date contact your College Late Arrivals Representative.

  • If you have any questions about college late arrival schedules or if you have any questions about your programme, please get in touch directly via email with your college.
  • Lectures and research will have commenced for many of our programmes but while you are enrolling, please continue to attend classes and study at Swansea University.

If you are enrolling after your enrolment deadline 

  • You may be reinstated if your College supports your late enrolment and it is approved by Academic Services.
  • To be reinstated download the Late enrolment approval form and contact your College Late Arrivals Representative to arrange for your late enrolment to be signed by your College.
  • Take your form to one of the MyuniHubs on both campuses for Academic Services approval and enrol immediately
  • If you are studying abroad, distance learning or away from campus, then please email us instead.

College Late Arrivals Representative:

You can visit your college webpages for information and check back regularly for updates.


New students or applicants

If you would like to defer your place to the next available intake please click here to send an email, enter your name and student number in the body of the text. You can also mention additional details if needed.

Continuing students

If you would like to suspend your current studies and return at a later date please contact your College and they will submit an application on your behalf.

Enrolment steps

Enrolment start dates and deadlines

Quarter Course start date Enrolment start date Enrolment deadline Last acceptance
Autumn Mid September- Mid October 17/Sep/2018 28/Oct/2018 15/Oct/2018
Winter January 10/Dec/2018 07/Jan/2019 14/Jan/2019
Spring April 11/Mar/2019 01/Apr/2019 15/Apr/2019
Summer July 11/Jun/2019 01/Jul/2019 15/Jul/2019
 - Early September and other start dates Refer to early and other enrolment

If you are withdrawn after the enrolment deadline you will not be able to:

  • Claim your University and Library ID card
  • Receive your Student Finance Loan or other bursary/scholarship payments (where applicable)
  • Access resources for your programme of study
  • Participate in assessment
  • Access additional University services and information
  • Receive proof of enrolment letters for third parties (for example to open a Bank account)
  • Live in a University residence (where applicable)
  • Receive Council Tax exemption

Tier 4 student visa holders will also risk having their visa cancelled.

You may be reinstated to enrol by submitting a Late enrolment approval form.

Before you enrol

Read your enrolment emails

  • We'll be sending enrolment emails with enrolment, registration and induction information you need before continuing the next level or year of your studies. For samples of emails you should expect to receive, browse enrolment email.

Sort out your tuition fee and funding

  • Make your application for a UK student finance loan to Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland (the Student Loans Company). If you have a loan from the Student Loans Company, your fees will be paid by your tuition fee loan/grant and your maintenance loan will be paid when you have enrolled within five working days.
  • If you have other sponsorship from your employer, trust, council or embassy, send us a confirmation of sponsorship form or letter from your sponsor by email to studentfinance@swansea.ac.uk or by post to Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University,  SA2 8PP
  • If the University is paying towards your fees, make sure your online bursary is authorised before you enrol. Members of staff your bursary needs to be approved annually by completing a Staff Bursary or Research Assistant Bursary which the Student Records Office needs to receive before you enrol.
  • Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.

Module selection

International non-EU right to study check

  • Check your visa has not expired and covers the duration of your course. If you need to extend your visa talk to our International Campus Life office as soon as possible, browse Advice about your visa
  • You will need to bring your passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card) to a right to study registration venue.

Paying your bills

  • If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
  • If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.

Right to study registration

We need proof of identity and nationality to confirm your right to study, tuition fee status and eligibility to receive a student loan or other funding.

UK and EU students

  • Complete registration once (continuing students do not need to register)
  • You can upload a passport and enter details by logging in to the intranet
  • If you do not have a UK/EU passport, email a scanned image of your birth certificate and photo ID* to studentrecords@swansea.ac.uk.

* Acceptable forms of UK/EU photo ID:

To collect your new University and Library ID card, please remember to bring your passport (or the UK/EU photo ID you emailed us) with you. You will need it for us to check your identity in person.

International non-EU students studying in the UK

  • You will need to register every year
  • Bring your passport and visa to a registration venue on the campus where your College is based
  • If you have applied for a new visa, bring your letter of entitlement to pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)
  • Present your passport and visa/BRP card to be scanned and recorded by the University to confirm your right to study as required by the UK Visas & Immigration authority.
  • After completing your registration you will need to enrol online 
Registration venues - please arrive at the time allocated to your family name's initial
DateA-BC-EF-HI-KL-NO-ST-ZBay CampusPark Campus

20 Sep









FH Refectory

21-22 Sep


23 Sep

09:00  10:00  11:00  12:00   14:00  15:00 16:00  GH FH Refectory

24-26 Sep

09:00 10:30  11:30  12:30  13:30  14:30 15:00 GH FH Refectory

27 Sep

09:00 10:20 10:40 11:00 11:20 11:40 12:00 GH FH Refectory

30 Sep

09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 14:00 15:00 16:00  TC Foyer FH Refectory

1-3 Oct

10:00 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30 15:00 TC Foyer FH Refectory

4 Oct


7-14 Oct

09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 TIC MyUniHub SA MyUniHub


  • Bay campus Colleges: Engineering, Management, Science (Computer Science, Mathematics), Sports Science.
  • GH - Great Hall, Bay Campus map building 6
  • TC - The College Foyer, Ground Floor, Bay Campus building 15
  • TIC - Tower Information Centre, MyUniHub reception, Bay campus map building 9
  • Park Campus Colleges: Arts and Humanities, Human and Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Science (Biosciences, Chemistry, Geography, Physics).
  • FH - Fulton House Refectory, First floor, Singleton Park Campus map building 17
  • SA - Singleton Abbey MyuniHub, Singleton Park campus map building 2.1

International non-EU students studying abroad

  • Please email a scanned copy of your passport and the study agreement from your Swansea University College confirming that you will be studying wholly abroad to studentcompliance@swansea.ac.uk

Online enrolment

To enrol online log in to the intranet here and to start click on the green arrow oppposite your course: 

  • Agree to be a student at Swansea University and abide by the academic guide regulations and the data protection statement.
  • Provide your UK term time address and postcode, otherwise provide your study abroad term address.
  • Check and update your student record, personal data, home address and module selection (where appropriate).
  • If you are liable to pay a fee, make a payment by card or pay later by setting up a direct debit online.
  • Online enrolment FAQ

Online enrolment helpdesk

You may need to attend if you fall into into one or more of these categories:

  • You are an international non-EU student studying in the UK.
  • If you have been requested to present your original entry qualification certificates to Admissions, for example your bachelor degree.
  • You have a query about paying a fee or your student record, personal data, course, modules, tuition fee, student loan or other funding.
  • You cannot complete online enrolment and need help.
Enrolment Helpdesk Venues
DateOpenBay CampusPark Campus

21 Sep



FH Refectory

22-23 Sep




24 Sep

09:00-17:00 GH FH Refectory

25-27 Sep

09:00-16:00 GH FH Refectory

28 Sep

09:00-13:00 GH FH Refectory

1 Oct

09:00-17:00 TC Foyer Park Library

2-4 Oct

10:00-16:00 TC Foyer Park Library

5 Oct



  • GH 001 - Great Hall Room 001, Ground floor, Bay Campus map building 7
  • FH Refectory - Fulton House Refectory, First floor, Singleton Park Campus map building 17
  • SA - Singleton Abbey MyuniHub, Singleton Park campus map building 2.1
  • TIC - Tower Information Centre, MyUniHub reception, Bay campus map building 2

Paying tuition fees

If you are self-funding, browse the links below about paying your fees:

Undergraduate Induction

  • If necessary, report to your College subject area induction otherwise check your teaching timetable and attend class at the start of term
  • By the start of term you should have chosen your modules, noirmally 120 credits for full time study or 60 credits if you are part time. 
  • If you need to change your module selection, ask your College for advice before signing up for a module.

Browse your College and subject area web page for details of induction events and return dates:

There is no induction for these subject areas and unless otherwise stated, teaching term starts 1 October:

  • Applied Medical Sciences, Biochemistry and Genetics
  • Engineering
  • Law and Criminology 
  • Management 
  • Medicine - teaching term starts 3 September

Postgraduate Induction

  • Please contact your supervisor and confirm the next step of your work plan.
  • If you need to know when to attend your modules or induction events contact your College.
  • Research students, please login to the eVision Research Managemement System (RMS) to review your meetings, engagement and attendance monitoring details and ensure this month's event is completed.

Timeline 2019

Timetable of events
DateEventEvent Information

1-16 September

Early enrolment (1) 

Early enrolment events 

16-27 September

Enrolment (2)

Enrolment for new students
Enrolment for continuing students
20-22 September Accommodation arrivals
Welcome for new students
Preparation and key collection
Welcome and orientation events
23-27 September College induction Academic Colleges
23 September
25 September
Freshers Fayre Bay Campus
Freshers Fayre Park Campus
Swansea University
Students Union
30 September Teaching & learning
Term & Semester dates
January-August Other enrolment (3) Other enrolment events 
(1) For The College, DACE, LPC/GDL, Cardiac Physiology, Respiratory and Sleep Physiology, Audiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy Physics, Radiation Physics and Neurophysiology, Midwifery, Paramedic, Nursing, visiting or exchange student
(2) Enrolment for the majority of students on courses starting between 21 September and 1 October. Note your latest acceptance date is 15 October
(3) Enrolment for research and other courses starting between January-August

Enrolment Gradient Banner