About the College of Engineering
Engineering has been studied at Swansea University since its very beginning in 1920 and in 2001 all of the engineering departments merged to form the School of Engineering, which turned into the College of Engineering a few years later.
The College of Engineering moved in 2015 to the University’s Bay Campus which now has 7 engineering buildings, holding 30,000m2 of laboratory and office space and over £10 million of research and teaching equipment. These buildings include Engineering Central, Engineering East, Engineering North (Home of IMPACT), Institute Structural Materials (ISM), Energy Safety Research Institute (ESRI), the Active Classroom and Active Office.
The College of Engineering was awarded an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in October 2016.
The College of Engineering is committed to ensuring gender balance in the workplace for the STEMM areas and continues to develop excellent employment practices and recognise the commitment to advancing women’s careers in STEMM academia.