'Children aged 0-11 and COVID-19: A Conversation Event' 3rd June 2021
We are pleased to announce that registration for the ‘Children aged 0-11 and COVID-19: A Conversation Event’ is now open.
June 3rd 2021 13:00-15:00 Register here
The purpose of this event is to exchange knowledge and information about the research being undertaken into the impact of COVID-19 on children aged 0-11 .
Emerging evidence suggests the wider impact of COVID-19 on the experiences, development and learning of children is likely to be significant. It is hoped that this Conversation event will showcase the on-going research from around the UK into the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children.
The event is jointly hosted by Swansea University and The Children's Research Centre, The Open University and brings together researchers from across the UK to present their findings.
Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
Carol Robinson, Professor of Children’s Rights, Edge Hill University
A Research Gallery ‘Jamboard’ will be shared during the event for viewing current UK research about the impact of the Pandemic on :
- child health
- participation and voice,
- physical development
- social and emotional development.
Multiple Breakout rooms will provide attendees with an opportunity to choose their domain of interest and discuss further.
Take part / Get involved : Share your research findings
If you would like to share your work at the upcoming ‘Conversation Event’, we are now accepting posters/one slide PPTs for our Research Gallery (via Jamboard) to be shared at the event.
- The gallery will open to all attendees via a link shared on the day, so do be aware that your poster will be viewable by all those attending.
- There will be space/time in the event for attendees to browse the gallery, ask questions etc.
- There will also be dedicated time for attendees to come together in breakout rooms to talk more, so if you'd rather 'less is more' on your poster that would be fine!
- The Jamboard link will remain 'live' for a week after the event - if you would rather your poster was only shared on the day, please let us know and we will make arrangements to take it down after the event.
Call for hosts