Our Staff Celebrating Graduation
We're proud of our students' success!
Professor Alma Harris has been invited to be a keynote speaker at forthcoming international conferences in Australia, Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden. Since September she has given keynote addresses at conferences in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Professor Harris and Dr Michelle Jones have been invited to give a conference address at an international symposium in Zug Switzerland in September 2019. They are also speakers at a conference in March in Manchester and were invited speakers at a recent international symposium in China. Dr Ceryn Evans presented at a conference in Australia in November 2018 and Knight will be presenting at an international conference in Japan later in 2019.
Dr Amanda Bateman has strong links with the University of Waikato, New Zealand and spent four weeks developing a research bid with colleagues there in November 2018.
Dr Janet Goodall:
- Keynote at the European Parents’ Association General Meeting in Milan
- Keynote at Parents’ International First Conference, Vienna
- Various keynotes throughout Scotland (Including the Scottish Festival of Learning), England, Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Invited speaker at the Festival of Learning and Teaching, Doha
Dr Helen Lewis has recently presented papers at a number of international conferences including:
- The International Conference on Thinking (ICOT), Florida;
- The International Thinking Matters conference, England;
- The International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement conference (ICSEI), Norway, and The World Association of Lesson Study conference, Amsterdam.
- The National Education Show, Cardiff and will be presenting at ICSEI in 2020.
Her papers have focused on the development of thinking and metacognition; practitioner enquiry and animal-assisted education.
SUSE staff have the following indicators of esteem.
- Dr Helen Lewis -Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- Dr Helen Lewis, Knight, Dr Ceryn Evans, Professor Alma Harris, Dr Michelle Jones Members British Education Research Association
- Professor Alma Harris and Dr Michelle Jones- Members British Education Management and Leadership Society
- Dr Michelle Jones and Professor Alma Harris- Members American Education Research Association
- Professor Alma Harris - Honorary Life Member International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement
- Dr Helen Lewis - Member International Professional Development Association
- Dr Helen Lewis - Professional Affiliate and Founding Fellow Charted College of Teachers
- Dr Helen Lewis - Associate Early Education and Team Inspector: Estyn
- Dr Michelle Jones and Professor Alma Harris - Fellows Royal Society of Arts
- Professor Alma Harris - Fellow of Learned Society Wales
- Professor Alma Harris - Fellow of Academy of Social Sciences
- Dr Michelle Jones - Visiting Research Associate Hong Kong Institute of Education and Moscow Higher School of Economics
- Professor Alma Harris Visiting Professor – Moscow Higher School of Economics, University of Southampton.
- Dr Janet Goodall - Member of the British Education, Leadership, Management and Administration Society
- Dr Janet Goodall - Leads Research Interest Group for the above on Leadership for Parental Engagement
- Dr Janet Goodall - Professional Affiliate of the Chartered College of Teacher
- Dr Janet Goodall - Fellow of the RSA
- Dr Janet Goodall - Consultant to Connect Scotland
- Dr Janet Goodall - Advisor to Save the Children, Education Endowment Fund and the Sutton Trust
- In summary, SUSE academic staff have a strong national and international profile and are influential nationally and internationally.
In terms, of esteem indicators, SUSE supports one international journal ‘School Leadership and Management’ (Professor Alma Harris and Dr Michelle Jones are editors). SUSE academic staff are on the editorial board members of the following journals:
- Early Childhood
- International Journal of School Effectiveness and Improvement
- Teachers and Teaching
- British Education Research Journal
- School Leadership and Management
- International Journal of Leadership
- Wales Journal of Education
- British Education Research Journal