Course Code : 376
Aurora is for women up to senior lecturer level or the professional services equivalent working in a university, college or related organisation who would like to develop and explore issues relating to leadership roles and responsibilities.
Aurora is a female only leadership development initiative that combines education, mentoring and on-line resources to provide learning with a more enduring impact. Aurora provides an opportunity for women to influence their institutions and to develop leadership skills.
Aurora addresses core areas associated with leadership success:
- Understanding organisations and the sector
- Developing leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Identifying and overcoming barriers and obstacles
- Growing confidence and a leadership identity
- Building networks, coalitions and support processes
Aurora is split into five modules, which are run during day long sessions at the St David’s Hotel and Spa, Cardiff. The 5 modules are run on the following dates:
- Thursday 25 January 2019 – Identity, Impact and Voice
Thursday 21 February 2019 – Power and Politics
- Thursday 21 March 2019 – Action Learning Set (venue to be confirmed)
Thursday 11 April 2019 – Core Leadership Skills
- Thursday 23 May 2019 – Adaptive Leadership Skills
‘This is an excellent programme - it provides inspiration, encouragement and facilitates a new way of viewing and interacting with the challenges and opportunities that face us all at some point in our careers.
How to apply
This opportunity will be advertised in October via an all staff email. With limited spaces, allocation will be based on a competitive process.
Please be advised that there is a cost of £1,000 to attend this course, which will need to be provided by your College/Directorate. If you have any queries, or if you have secured funding and are ready to book, then please contact
For further information about the programme, please go to: https://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/equality-and-diversity/aurora/dates-venues-and-booking-for-20182019.cfm