Library and Information Services
As a DACE student, your first contact for library and information support is the South Wales Miners’ Library (SWML), located on the Hendrefoelan Campus. The library provides support for all students enrolled on DACE courses whatever you are studying or wherever you are being taught. DACE students with a valid student library card can also use the Library and Information Centre on the main University campus.
With an extensive collection of books, journals and audio-visual materials, specifically selected for DACE courses, the South Wales Miners’ Library is designed to meet your study needs.
Most items can be loaned for a period of four weeks in the first instance and, unlike other libraries, we do not charge overdue fines on any of our materials!
We pride ourselves in providing a friendly, flexible and efficient library experience in a relaxed environment. We offer a range of library and information services specifically designed for students studying part time or at a distance. These include:
- Ordering of materials
- Postal loans
- Photocopying and scanning service (subject to copyright regulations) Advice and guidance on using the libraries at Swansea University
- Answering queries by phone, email or in perso
- Telephone and on-line book renewals
- Book-box provision for community based classes
- PC, photocopying and scanning facilities
- A quiet and studious study area
- Help with accessing your IT account and electronic resources from home. Help with using Blackboard and submitting assignments through Turnitin.
- Help to locate material for your assignment/Project.
The South Wales Miners' Library, Hendrefoelan Campus, Gower Road, Swansea SA2 7NB 01792 518603/518693 firstname.lastname@example.org / www.swan.ac.uk/iss/swml