Creating artistic projects fuelled by Swansea University research
‘Vitalising the dialogue between the arts, sciences and research - artistic projects, performances and exhibitions are a great way of unlocking specialist language and broadcasting research stories to a broader audience.’ - Professor Owen Sheers
Professor in Creativity Owen Sheers is responsible for inspiring and curating partnerships between researchers at Swansea University and artists and arts organisations, allowing for research to be expressed through creative projects.
- To use artistic and cultural projects to showcase the best of Swansea’s research; introducing artists to researchers across both campuses with the aspiration of producing ground-breaking research-informed works of art, performance and exhibitions.
- To encourage an on-going conversation of collaboration between the Bay campus on Fabian Way and Singleton Park campus on the other side of the city.
- To create, develop and nurture artistic projects that showcase and lift the lid off Swansea University research, and take the stories behind this research off the page and communicate them to a wider audience.
- To involve the Swansea community and wider community in creative projects based on Swansea University research, working with communities and local, regional, national and international organisations.
- To engage with the student population creatively encouraging participation in innovative projects that will offer them practical and valuable experience, enhance their employability credentials and transferable skills and contribute to their University and Community.