Need help improving performance or productivity in your organisation?
If you are looking at how you can fill missing capability to boost performance and productivity in your organisation, there is increased funding available to support a Smart Partnership or a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Swansea University that could provide you with access to the knowledge and expertise you need.
What is a Smart Partnership and a Knowledge Transfer Partnership?
Smart Partnerships (SPs) and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships(KTPs) are part-funded government programmes aimed at boosting organisational performance and productivity through collaboration with UK Universities. They are 3-way partnerships between a business or charity, an associate (graduate/post graduate person) and a University to work on a specific project within the organisation.
SPs and KTPs provide you with access to academic expertise and knowledge to help transform your organisation, solving problems, improving competitiveness, productivity & performance and transferring & embedding academic knowledge into your organisation.
Smart Partnership specifics
- Funded by Welsh Government
- Available to Welsh based companies and charities only
- Cost: 50% match contribution – cash or in kind
- 6 to 12 month projects
- Rolling call – submit any time
Knowledge Transfer Partnership specifics (temporary increase in funding available)
- Funded by Innovate UK and Welsh Government
- Available to any UK based company or charity
- Cost: SMEs contribute 33%* and large organisation contribute 60% of project costs.
- 12 to 36 month projects
- Competition call – submission calls c. every 3 months
* (Welsh Government are increasing their support to KTPs for SMEs for a limited time. Reducing the company contribution from 33% to 25% - eligible to Wales based organisations only).
Owing to the current difficult economic environment, the Welsh Government have announced that they will contribute 75% towards the total costs of KTP projects for SME’s based in Wales submitted up until February 2021. This additional funding is available for the next two funding calls:
- October 2020
- February 2021
Swansea University’s Engagement team are on hand to work through potential Smart Partnership and Knowledge Transfer Partnership ideas with you so please contact us to discuss this further.
Find out more
KTP is a competitive process, administered by Innovate UK, part of UKRI (Terms and Conditions apply). For more information about this initiative please visit the Welsh Government and British Government KTP webpages.