Life begins with us!
This field based module is designed to provide a complementary range of vocational skills that are commonly used to study animals. The course covers both invertebrate and vertebrate groups and takes place in a diverse number of locations and habitat types in South Wales. Core areas included in this module are:
- Bat ecology - monitoring and survey techniques
- Live mammal trapping – ethics and best practice
- Bird identification and census techniques
- Amphibian and reptile identification and survey techniques
- Habitat assessment
- Field entomology – techniques and applications
Please note that practical work is subject to alteration depending on staff and weather conditions.