We have a wealth of multidisciplinary expertise across the University and the impact of our research and innovation was recently recognised at the Research and Innovation Awards
- Professor Tariq Butt was shortlisted for the Outstanding Impact on Industry, Commerce and Innovation Award for his research into using fungus, Metarhizium brunneum, as an effective biocontrol agent against major plant pests such as thrips and weevils. Find out more Fungus to control crop pests
- Swansea University experts from CSAR are a key partner in an innovative Biophilic Living city centre development Read more about the project
- CSAR Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research was shortlisted for the Outstanding Technician's Contribution Award.
- Swansea University named one of the country's best green spaces the University was recently awarded a Green Flag, the international mark of a quality park or green space and recognises excellent visitor facilities, high environmental standards, and a commitment to delivering great quality green space.
- REF 2021 Results recognised Swansea University for the quality of its research environment, which encompasses the people, infrastructure, resources and activities that support research and enable impact. 91% of Swansea’s overall environment submission is recognised as world-leading and internationally excellent.
- A recent Swansea University study has discovered that Seeing more species at the coast improves wellbeing
- Swansea University students, staff and the local community have been working on a unique film project to showcase Gower as An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty