Hannah looked at improving the captive breeding of the endangered freshwater pearl mussel for her MSc research project. The optimal diet for rearing juvenile freshwater pearl mussels in captivity is unknown, so Hannah was investigating the best diet for growth and survival of juveniles.
Supervisor: Dr Gethin Thomas
Georgia investigated the metabolite profile of red algae, Porphyridium purpureum. The aim was to use different metabolomic techniques to determine the change in metabolite production under UVA/UVB stress conditions and identify potential useful products that can be utilised in industrial biotechnology.
- Computer Science
- What are the benefits of doing a Foundation Year
- Science Year in Industry
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Community Engagement
- Computational Foundry at Swansea University
- Our Staff
- Equality In Science
- College of Science Research Ethics Committee (REC)
- College of Science Alumni
- Study in the College of Science
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training