Arts and Humanities Research Ethics
Research Ethics and Governance Committee
The College of Arts and Humanities has a Research Ethics and Governance Committee whose purpose is to ensure that the College’s research is designed and conducted to meet key ethical principles and is subject to oversight through formal ethical research governance structures. The terms of reference of this group are to:
- Own and maintain the College’s Research Ethics and Governance policy and processes;
- Consider requests for ethical approval of research projects from staff and postgraduate students;
- Monitor ethical approvals for undergraduate student projects;
- Advise researchers on the design and review of research to ensure integrity, quality and transparency;
- Advise researchers on data management plans and expectations;
- Provide regular reports and updates to the University Research Ethics and Governance Sub-Committee;
- Provide an annual summary of activity to the Head of College
The group meets at least once per semester and more frequently as and when required.
Online Application Process
As of the 30th September 2019 COAH will be using the online ethics application system shared with the College of Science and will no longer be accepting paper applications. If you click on the link above, logging into your University account using your user name and password you will be able to complete the online process.
Please be aware that this is a shared system with Science that will take you to the College of Sciences intranet and some questions may not be relevant to COAH students.
We do advise that you sit down with your supervisor to complete the application.
If you have any problems regarding the ethics application system or process please email COAHresearchethcis@swansea.ac.uk
Committee Membership includes:
- Ethics Chair - Steve Morris
- COAH Research Support Assistant - Jo Tovey
- The Director of the Research for COAH
- The Director of the Graduate Centre for COAH
- Representatives of COAH subject areas