What is it like to study Education at Swansea? Find out in this video by Education Programme Director – Dr Helen Lewis.
Our School of Education lecturers give an overview of the exciting range of modules they teach.
Ball, S.J. (2017) The Education Debate, Bristol: Policy Press (Chp. 2: ‘Class, comprehensives and continuities’). [Available at Singleton Library and as an electronic book].
Gittins, D. (2009) ‘The historical construction of childhood.’ In M. Kehily (ed.) An Introduction to Childhood Studies. Open University Press; Maidenhead. (Available at Singleton library and online)
Chitty, C. (2004) Education policy in Britain. London: Palgrave. (Available at Singleton library and online)
Grigg R (2016) Big Ideas in Education Carmarthen: Crown House Publishing Ltd
Gray, C and MacBlain, S (2015) Learning Theories in Childhood London: Sage
Harris, A and Goodall, J (2007). Engaging Parents in Raising Achievement Do Parents Know They Matter: A research project commissioned by the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/6639/1/DCSF-RW004.pdf
Crowley, K. (2017). Child development: A practical introduction. Sage.
Howard-Jones, P. A. (2014). Neuroscience and education: myths and messages. Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 15(12), 817-824.Brodie, K. (2014) Sustained Shared Thinking in the Early Years Oxon: Routledge
Grigg, R., Lewis, H. (2019) Teaching Creative and Critical Thinking in Schools London: Sage
Ritchard, R., Church, M., Morrison, K. (2011) Making Thinking Visible San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
Ritchard, R. (2010) Creating Cultures of Thinking San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
Robson, S., Flannery-Quinn, S. (2015) The Routledge International Handbook of Young Children’s Thinking and Understanding Oxon: Routledge
Wegerif, R. (2017) The Routledge International Handbook of Research on Teaching Thinking Oxon: Routledge
Aubrey, K and Riley, A. (2015) Understanding and Using Educational Theories. Sage.
Bates, B. (2015) Learning Theories Simplified and How to Apply them to Teaching. Sage.
Barrett, Davies, Zhang and Barrett (2015) The impact of classroom design on pupils' learning: Final results of a holistic, multi-level analysis Building and Environment. Volume 89, July 2015, Pages 118-133
Gagné, R. M., Briggs, L. J., & Wager, W. W. (1992). Principles of instructional design (4th ed.). Forth Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich College Publishers.
Hattie, J. (2012) Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximising impact on learning , Routledge
Schunk, D. (2013) Learning Theories: An Educational Perspective. Pearson
Pollard, A. (2019) Reflective Teaching in Schools , Bloomsbury Academic
Pound, L (2014) How Children Learn: Educational Theories and Approaches. Practical Pre-School Books.
Quigley, A. (2016) The Confident Teacher , Routledge
Moore, A. (2012). Teaching and Learning: Pedagogy Curriculum and Culture. Routledge.
Welsh Government Practical approaches to behaviour management in the classroom A handbook for classroom teachers in primary schools
Information document no: 117/2012 Date of issue: July 2012
Welsh Government Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Transformation Programme
Powell, S. and Smith, K. (2017). An introduction to early childhood studies (4th Addition). London. Sage.
- Adams, R. (Ed.). (2011). Working with children and families: knowledge and contexts for practice. Macmillan International Higher Education.
- Baldock, P., Fitzgerald, D., & Kay, J. (2013). Understanding early years policy. Sage.
- Carr, M. and Lee, W. (2019) Learning Stories in practice. London. Sage.
- Danby, S.J., Fleer, M., Davidson, C. and Hatzigianni, M. (2018). Digital Childhoods: Technologies and children’s everyday lives (International perspectives on early childhood education and development). Singapore: Springer.
- David, T., Goouch, K. And Powell, S. (2016). The Routledge International Handbook of Philosophies and Theories of Early Childhood Education and Care. New York: Routledge.
- Jones, P., & Walker, G. (Eds.). (2011). Children's rights in practice. Sage.
- Kanyal, M. (Ed.). (2014). Children's Rights 0-8: Promoting participation in education and care. Routledge.
- Lindon, J. (2008) Safeguarding Children and Young people: Child Protection 0-18 years. London: Hodder Education.
- MacBlain, S., Dunn, J and I, Luke. (2017) Contemporary Childhood. Sage: London
- Malaguzzi, L. (1996). The Hundred Languages Of Children: The Reggio Emilia Approach To Early Childhood Education. New Jersey: Ablex Publishing Corporation.
- Mcdowall-Clark (2016) childhood in society for the early years. 3rd edition. London : Learning Matters
- Smith, A. B. (2013). Understanding children and childhood. 5th edition. Auckland, Bridget Williams Books.
- Arts and Humanities Research
- Study at the College of Arts and Humanities
- Part-time study
- College of Arts and Humanities Staff
- Employability and Careers at The College of Arts and Humanities
- Cultural Institute
- Study Abroad with The College of Arts and Humanities
- International students at The College of Arts and Humanities
- Connect with the College of Arts and Humanities
- Arts and Humanities News and Events
- CoAH Undergraduate Ambassadors
- Arts and Humanities enrolment
- Humanities Foundation Year