The Telephone Campaign is run by the Development and Alumni Relations Office at Swansea University, where we aim to raise money for The Swansea Fund which collects donations for the sole benefit of our student body. As an annual fund, the aim is to distribute the funds raised each year to the areas where they are most needed.
Our Call Team are there to update alumni on developments at Swansea University as well as inform you about the Swansea Fund. The team is made up of 28 students who have a passion for fundraising and talking about the University. The team are paid and there is no commission. They are paid from the University centrally, and there is no compensation from your donation.
This year’s telephone campaign will run from 16th October – 5th November 2017 excluding Fridays. We call in the UK Monday -Thursday 6.00pm-9pm, Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 2pm-8pm.
We will be calling the US and Canada on 28th and 29th October and the 4th and 5th November, Saturday 2-9pm and Sunday 4-10pm.
Unfortunately we are not calling any other countries, but if you would like a call and live in another country, please let us know.
Unfortunately you cannot call the students back directly, due to the type of telephone system that we use. You will be called again, but if you would like a specific time, please email us or telephone the office on 01792 606228.
This year, the Swansea Fund aims to support the following areas, rewarding academic excellence and enhancing the experience we offer to our students:
- The Greatest Need, The Greatest Impact - Your support will enable the University to support The Greatest Need with an unrestricted gift. This is the most valuable gift to the University as it provides the flexibility to direct your donation to the area where it will have the most impact.
- Supporting talented students and easing financial hardship - To continue to attract the most talented students regardless of their financial position your generosity can help to provide crucial support to students who experience financial hardship, are the most talented musicians and sportspersons or demonstrate academic excellence.
- Inspiring young researchers - Your support can also help us in awarding seed corn grants to young researchers to provide them with the financial support to build high quality, competitive research proposals. Together with this we aim to support final year medical students as they embark on their final year research projects.
You can donate over the phone with the caller, it is completely safe and you will receive a payment confirmation by e-mail. You can also donate online here or through the post with a donation form which the caller can send you. For any further enquiries, please contact us.
If you would not like to be called, please email us or call us on 01792 604626
The Development and Alumni Relations team is committed to providing an excellent service and treating its donors with the highest level of care and respect. We welcome all comments and feedback on the way we work. If you are unhappy about any aspect of our fundraising please contact us in one of the following ways:
- By telephone: 01792 295156
- By email: DevelopmentandEngagement@swansea.ac.uk
- By post: Development and Engagement Office, Singleton Abbey, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP
Further information on Feedback and Complaints can be found here.