1. How can I get a list of Private Sector Accommodation?
The list of University Managed Properties goes live on an advertisement website in the beginning of November. The website you will need to go onto is www.swanseastudentpad.co.uk
2. How far away is the accommodation from the University?
SAS has a range of properties which are within walking distance to campus or easy to get to by bus or cycling.
3. When is my rent taken out?
Your rent is taken out once every term; October, February and May by direct debit.
4. When does my contract start?
For Undergraduates, your contract will start at the beginning of August. SAS does not charge a summer retainer. 47 week contracts. For Postgraduates, your contract will start at the beginning of September. 52 Week Contract.
5. If I sign a contract for a University Managed Property am I committed for the full year?
Yes, you have signed a legal contract that runs until the end of the academic year. You can only be released from your residence contract in one of the following circumstances:
• You cease to be enrolled as a student at the University
• If you have medical circumstances that render the accommodation unsuitable for you. (You will need to supply evidence of this.)
• A suitable placement has been found
6. What happens if I am not happy in my room?
If you are considering moving out of the property you are strongly advised to contact Student Accommodation Services. If you want to change rooms within your current property, or move to another University Managed Property, then you should come to Student Accommodation Services and complete a Transfer Request form. If the situation is more serious, you can request to talk to someone in private who will be able to listen and advise you.