Area Guide for Private Sector

Housing Choices

Living with Housemates

House Viewing Tips

Student Accommodation Services

Student Accommodation Services (SAS Lettings) is a joint venture between Residential Services and the Students’ Union set up to offer you good quality student houses.

If you’re looking for housing, you have a few options to choose from:

  • SAS Managed Property

    Have the security and reassurance of dealing directly with the University; not private landlords.
    SAS administer your tenancy, collect your rent and look after your property.

  • SAS Tenant Find Properties

    Properties are managed by the landlord but SAS still provide a level of service which means there are advantages that you wouldn't get when renting directly with a private landlord.

  • Studentpad Property

    Local landlords advertise their properties on our Studentpad housing website*. You can search properties by type, size, location and price. *SAS do not visit or inspect Studentpad properties.

  • Private Landlord / Letting Agency Property

    Things you should consider if you decide to find a property with a letting agency.