Payment Information 2019-20
Payment Information for 2019-20
- A Reservation Deposit of £350.00 is payable on acceptance of your offer of accommodation and we ask that you pay this through your Accommodation Account as this will secure your room.
- You have 7 days from the day you are offered to accept and pay the Reservation Deposit (Once term starts this will change to 3 days)
- Keys will only be issued if the Reservation Deposit has been paid.
- You will only receive an offer of accommodation when you have an Unconditional Offer to study.
- The Reservation Deposit will be deducted from your May payment of rent.
- Unfortunately, we cannot secure accommodation without the Reservation Deposit which is non-refundable if you fail to take up your accommodation.
Termly Payments - Invoices will be sent to the students University email account only 10 days prior to the due date.
You can view your account online anytime through your university account: https://intranet.swan.ac.uk/login your balance will be available 10 days prior to the due date.
Ways to Pay Reservation Deposit:
- For Reservation Deposits, we ask that you pay these through your Accommodation Account only.
Ways to Pay your Accommodation Fees:
You can now pay any time through your university intranet account.
- Termly payments by Credit/Debit Card can be made through your Intranet Account. (No charge for credit or debit cards)
- Termly Direct Debit must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to payment due date.
- In Full in advance through your Intranet Account or Accommodation Account before you arrive.
You will need to pay by the dates set out in your Tenancy Agreement.
- Late payments carry an administration charge of £50.00. If you experience problems paying please contact us prior to the payment date to avoid these additional charges!
- You will receive a Statement of Account 7 days before the payment due date.
- Statements will always be sent to the student university email address, even if the payment is set up by a Parent/Guardian.
If you think that you are unable to pay for your accommodation on time, please talk to us before the due date and we will be able to advise you on what you need to do to avoid late payment charges.
For further information please refer to our (PO.02) RS Debt Management Policy
Invoices will be sent to the student via their university email account 7 Days prior to the due date.
|Term||Payment Due By||Weeks||For weeks|
|1||18 October 2018||14||21/09/2018 - 28/12/2018|
|2||24 January 2019||13||28/12/2018 - 29/03/2019|
|3||9 May 2019||13||29/03/2019 - 28/06/2019|
|4||4 July 2019*||11||28/06/2019 - 13/09/2019|
|*Term 4 payment for contracts extending through to September|
Please note the payment due date includes accommodation rent and any additional charges incurred.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION.
- A Reservation Deposit of £350.00 is required within 7 days of the offer date to confirm your booking. The Reservation deposit is non- refundable if you do not move into the accommodation.
- Once you have arrived, the reservation deposit will be credited towards your rent payment in May (Or if you are a part-year student, the final terms rent).
- Statements are sent to the student university email address, even where a Parent/Guardian sets up the payment.
- Payments must be received by the due date and remain the responsibility of the above-named person, If you are unable to make a payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the due date.
- Invoices are sent to the student university email account 7 days prior to the due and will include Accommodation Fees and any other charges added to the account.
- The Invoice will state if you have set up a Direct Debit, if you do not have a Direct Debit set up you will be given instructions on how to pay your Fees. Please check the Invoice carefully.
- Payments received after the due dates will automatically include a late payment charge of £50.00.
- Please see Residence Regulations for full details of our Debt Management policy.
- Once the tenancy starts all communication with you regarding your accommodation will be via your '@swansea.ac.uk' student email.
- Not sure how to pay for uni, or how you’ll cope during your studies? Don’t worry, there’s a range of finance and support available.
- Uni is a big investment, so you may need a student loan from one of the regional student finance organisations.
- They advise you to apply by May. Please check with the organisation for deadlines.
- You might be eligible for additional funding from other organisations too.
- You may be able to borrow money to help pay for university or college tuition fees and to help with living costs.
- Make sure you apply for any funding that you may be eligible for.
For students who have not received their Student Loan or are experiencing financial hardship, advice and assistance is available from Money@CampusLife