Swansea University

Transfer of Modules

See also:

Should you decide to change your proposed module choices, a Module Selection Authorisation Slip must be completed, authorised and processed before the deadlines (Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught Awards) for transferring modules.  Instructions will be available from Colleges at the beginning of the Session. 

The University's procedures and regulations are summarised as follows:

  • Download a Module Selection Authorisation Slip:

Undergraduate Module Selection Authorisation Slip

Taught Postgraduate Module Selection Authorisation Slip

  • you will need to seek approval from the College(s) teaching the module.
  • you will need to seek approval from the College's Director of Learning and Teaching if a module taught solely during a semester is dropped or added two weeks after it began or if a module taught over two semesters is dropped or added four weeks after it began.
  • you must take the completed slip either to your Home College or, if the module is a substitute, forward the form to the Student Records section of Academic Services. A substitute module occurs when a student fails a Semester 1 module and with the agreement of the College pursues a Semester 2 module in order to complete the required number of credits in the same academic year and the mark must be capped for the purposes of classification. A substitute module must be authorised by the Director of Learning and Teaching.

< Transfers Leading to a Higher Award | Transfer of Programmes >