Student Wellbeing Centre

Accessing Wellbeing

How can I access the service?

We offer a wide range of services, including one-off support sessions, self-help resources, group programmes, and access to NHS courses etc.

We provide equal services on Singleton and Bay Campuses, Monday-Friday each week, but access is by our website, main telephone number or e-mail address;

When you are experiencing difficulties and want support it can be bewildering to know within yourself at that point what type of service or support would be most beneficial. This is why we ask all students to complete a Wellbeing Referral Form‌ when they approach our service. This gives you the space to tell us a little bit about what you are experiencing at the moment and also gives prompts as to what type of help you are looking for.

If you are looking for self-help resources, Swansea University provides free access to Silvercloud, an online self-help resource available to students at Swansea University.  This resource include a range of interactive programmes for you to work through to understand the difficulties you are experiencing and to equip you with practical techniques and strategies to effectively manage the way in which you think, act and feel.  Silvercloud has its foundations in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and is informed by clinical expertise and research.  Silvercloud allows you to confidentially work through a range of self-paced modules, which you can customise in line with the issues you are experiencing and what you would like to achieve.  You can register and access Silvercloud here, using your University email address: this will become your log-in each time you wish to use Silvercloud.  Only you will have access to your Silvercloud account and no-one will be able to see the activities you undertake or the information you provide as you work through the modules.

If after creating an account and experiencing Silvercloud this approach does not address your needs, you are welcome to also engage with the Wellbeing Service by completing a Wellbeing Referral Form‌. Please access the and return the Wellbeing Referral Form via the submit button or print and provide by post or in person to Horton House, Singleton Park.  

By returning this form you confirm that you have read and agree to the data processing included in our Wellbeing Privacy Statement  

Tel: 01792 295592 or email

Support recommendations

Your form is reviewed by two practitioners within the team between Monday and Friday (excluding bank holidays). We review the forms to see if we can suggest a way forward for you according to what you have told us.

Sometimes, if we need to check something out with you to help us be clear on your situation, we may phone or email you during the review process (if you supply your contact details).

Recommendations for further support could be for other Wellbeing Services such as:-

  • SilverCloud: free online CBT programmes;
  • Mental Health and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) support;
  • Counselling;
  • Mental Health and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) Mentoring (frequency as agreed by your Disabled Students Allowance Assessment Report);
  • Wellbeing Therapeutic Group (referral by Wellbeing Team);
  • Self Help Book Prescription (suggested by Wellbeing, accessed in the library);
  • Meditation Group (self referral).

Please refer to the detailed sections for more information about our specific services.

We will contact you by email unless you specifically request contact by telephone. We will make individual contact with you to organise any appointment needed.


We do sometimes signpost you to services within the University that could help you further where we don’t have specialist knowledge. This could include:-

  • Money@CampusLife
  • Disability Office
  • Subject Librarian Service
  • International@CampusLife 
  • Academic Success Programme
  • Personal Tutors
  • Student’s Union Advice Centre
  • Pastoral & Faith Support
  • Student’s Accommodation Service
  • Residential Services

We do also suggest when appropriate, signposting you to external agencies for support. This could be your GP, other NHS services, or independent support services. We can support you to contact these agencies and provide relevant information to them with your consent if you feel it would help you.



We do record that you have contacted our service on our confidential computer records. This is confidential to Wellbeing only and is not shared with any other party.

Please see our confidentiality statement.