Offers for our main degree programmes are around ABB-BBB at A-level or DDD for BTEC depending on interview and subjects taken. Our MEng programme has one grade higher entry.
Entry offers for our foundation year will be CCD at A-level or MMM at BTEC.
We exclude General Studies, Key Skills and some other exams.
A level Mathematics is not a requirement for our degrees, with the exception of G4GC Mathematics for Computer Science. All modern computer science degrees involve discrete mathematics and mathematical logic, on which all forms of computation, programming, and systems design depend. We have substantial experience (and success!) in teaching these essential tools to students who do not have recent mathematical experience.
Apart from special circumstances, applicants without a B or higher in GCSE Maths will be rejected. If you apply with a C in GCSE Maths, your application will be considered if you fall into one of these categories:
- You are resitting GCSE Maths.
- You have at least a B in GCSE Statistics.
- You are studying AS or A level Maths, or Statistics, or Physics.
- You are studying an IT/Software/Computing BTEC and expect to obtain at least DDM and the BTEC you are following has some maths component, (or MMM for G401).
- You are expecting to get AAB in 3 A-levels (or 340 UCAS points), (or 240 points for G401)
Please refer to the UCAS Tariff Tables to determine your points equivalent if you have other qualifications.
Applicants with grades of CCC or higher are welcome (CDD for G401).