University Legal Services Team
The University's in-house legal services team is based within the Vice-Chancellor’s office. It provides support and advice on a range of legal matters relating to the University, to its Colleges and Professional Support Services.
Objectives of the team include:
- Increased accessibility to legal advice within the University
- To help the University manage and minimise its legal risk
- To provide or facilitate training and updates to University staff on legal matters
Areas of law that we advise on include:
- Contracts and Procurement
- Employment Matters
- Intellectual Property Contentious Matters
- Codes of Conduct and Practice
- Grant funding Matters including State Aid and Audit, working in collaboration with REIS
- Leases, Licences and other Property Matters
- All Legal Agreements
- All General Legal Queries
We aim to provide an efficient and cost-effective service for all legal matters, dealing internally wherever possible and liaising with our external panel solicitors if necessary to ensure a seamless service to Colleges and Professional Services.
To get in touch please e-mail our team at email@example.com or alternatively telephone Trish Davies, Legal Services Assistant: 01792 295516.
Unfortunately the Legal Services Team cannot act on behalf of students. If you are a student and require legal advice the Swansea Students’ Union Advice Centre may however be able to assist you.
The Advice Centre offers a free and confidential advice service. To make an appointment to see someone at the Students’ Union Advice Centre you can contact the Advice Centre on 01792 295821 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.