Working at Swansea University
Swansea University provides an enviable working environment, supported by a welcoming campus community. In addition to the pay and benefits listed in advertisements, the University also offers a range of benefits, including:
- A generous annual leave entitlement (between 37-39 days leave per year, including bank holidays)
- Flexible working allows staff to adjust their working hours or work pattern in discussion with their line manager to achieve their ideal work/life balance
- Generous maternity leave and pay for those who have completed at least 52 weeks continuous service by the estimated date of childbirth
- Paternity leave: you are entitled to take a maximum of two weeks off; the first is fully paid by the University, the second by statutory paternity pay (for staff who have at least 26 weeks of service)
- Adoption leave and pay for staff who have 26 weeks service with the University
- Crèche facilities on campus: the Students' Union Day Nursery provides high quality and affordable childcare for children aged three months to eight years, with competitive rates
- Competitive Defined University Pension Schemes are offered to all staff, with University and employee contributions.
- Childcare voucher scheme: purchase up to £243 of childcare vouchers a month tax and National Insurance free to use with a participating provider
- Competitive salary scales including increments relating to length of service
- An attractive staff bursary to support you towards gaining further qualifications.
- Merit awards recognise exceptional performance by individuals and teams
- A commitment to promoting and mainstreaming equality and diversity in all its activties.