Recommended textbooks for this course are available in the University libraries, but you may choose to purchase personal copies. All software needed for the course is available on the University network for use within University computer rooms. Free wireless internet access is available across the whole of the University campus, including halls of residence. Personal costs such as purchase of stationery, photocopying costs, parking fees or travel between the campuses are not included in your tuition fees.
For all courses, you will need to have or purchase suitable outdoor clothing and sensible footwear (wellington boots).
Depending on your degree pathway, you may have the following additional costs:
Biology, Zoology and Marine Biology
- Year One: Lab coat and dissection kit, approximately £30
- Optional Tropical Marine Biology field course in Puerto Rico, costs ~£1200 - £1700
- Optional Sikkim overseas field trip in Biology and Zoology, student contribution of £500 towards travel and accommodation
Geography and Human Geography:
- Students choose from a range of overseas field courses, all of which are subsidised but require an additional payment, which varies according to destination, e.g. Austria or Berlin, approximately £250; Vancouver or New York, approximately £900.
Level 2 Joint Honours:
- Students may attend an international field course as space allows but pay the full cost of the field course (e.g. currently £450 for Mallorca).
- Non-Physical Earth Science students can select GEL204 which includes a Pembrokeshire field weekend at a cost of £65 (for non-PES students).