Bus is a great way to get around Swansea
Bus travel is one of the most sustainable, most cost efficient and often one of the quickest ways of getting around Swansea. A bus pass is an essential investment if you are looking to travel between campuses, to the city centre, to residential areas, or to popular destinations such as Mumbles or the Liberty Stadium.
The UniBus network operated by First Cymru connects the Singleton Park Campus and Bay Campus of Swansea University and the student residence areas of the city including the Student Village, Sketty, Uplands, Brynmill and the City Centre.
8 - Operates every 12 minutes and a late night service Wednesday to Saturday
Route: Student Village - Sketty - Singleton Park Campus - Oystermouth Road - St Helens Road - City Centre - Fabian Way - Bay Campus
8X - Direct shuttle service between both campuses once every hour during weekdays with a journey time of 22 minutes
Route: Singleton Park - Bay Campus
10 - Operates every 20 minutes Monday to Friday
Route: Singleton Park Campus - Sketty - Uplands - Train Station / St David's Accomodation - Fabian Way - Bay Campus
Tip: Want to visit the Bay Campus on a Saturday from Uplands? Jump on the 20/20A/21A/21B and connect in the bus station on a Cymru Clipper service to the Bay Campus. Remember to push the stop button when the bus is approaching the Bay Campus as it stops outside and does not enter the campus grounds like the UniBus Network services!
For bus times and travel information, please visit the First Cymru or Traveline Cymru websites. If you have any queries or feedback regarding bus services, please contact Jayne Cornelius, the University Travel Plan Coordinator.
Bus Travel Winter Semester 2016
Please see the table for timetables to ensure you get the correct bus service to your chosen campus.
|Service||Campus(es) On Route|
|2A - Swansea - Newton via Oystermouth Road||Singleton Park|
|3A - Swansea - Oystermouth via West Cross Estate - Singleton Hospital - Uni||Singleton Park|
|4 - Singleton Hospital - Morriston Hospital||Singleton Park|
|8 - Hendrefoilan Student Village - Swansea University Bay Campus||Singleton Park, Bay|
|8X - Swansea University - Bay Campus ||Direct service between Singleton Park and Bay|
|10 - Singleton Park Campus - Bay Campus via Sketty Uplands Train Station St Davi||Singleton Park, Bay|
Almost all bus services in Swansea are operated by First Cymru, new for 2015-16 the University and the Students' Union have had very successful negotiations with First to improve the service, including: Map of Bus Stop Locations
New for 2015/16
- Save £90 on an academic year bus pass (was £390, now £300)
- 3 new bus routes to the Bay Campus - 8, 8X and 10
- Extended bus timetables - buses now run from 6.30am to 11.30pm
- Buses every 8 minutes during peak times
- Late night bus service on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights
- Free wifi on the majority of buses
- £2 return fares after 7PM on the night service
- You can buy your annual and term time bus passes in the Travel Shop at the front of Fulton House
- Cheaper Year and term time passes for Students and Staff
- New M ticketing facility for ticket purchase via the First Cymru Website
- Special M Ticket only promotion Pay for 5 tickets and receive 6 tickets