I am the programme director for the BSc Health and Social Care within the college of Human and Health science. I have 20 years of experience working alongside young people and the wider community across a range of roles at all levels supporting those from marginalised backgrounds to meet their full potential. I have a keen interest in supporting participatory action research with young people and other groups within the community.
I am currently involved in research focusing on contemporary LGBTQ+, and religious identities and am a committee member for the Consortium of Sexuality Studies (CSS). The CSS provides an innovative research and service development environment where academics, stakeholder organisations and policy makers collaborate to identify sexuality needs/concerns of the community and strive to deliver positive social change which contributes to the health and wellbeing of citizens through empowering community learning frameworks.
I am also involved in University development and enhancement relating to diversity and inclusion, and employability and am currently the acting director for employability for the College.
Teaching and Research Interests:
• Work Based Learning and Self-directed learning
• Sexuality and young people
• Contemporary religious identities
• Reflective practice and professional development
• Leading change and managing others
• Rights, equality, discrimination and oppression
• Black and minority ethnic perspectives
• Intergenerational Practice
Committee and group membership:
• Programme Approval Committee
• Race Equality Charter Mark Committee
• Consortium for Sexuality Studies
• Employability Management Committee