We have specially designed an Employability, Innovation & Engagement module, which has the following aims and objectives:
- To be aware of my strengths, weaknesses and skills
- To understand how I can make more effective career decisions
- To reflect upon how I can develop my skills and to evidence these
- To discover what employers are looking for (enterprise, identifying a need, business planning)
- To develop an action plan that identifies areas of employability I need to improve
- To develop an awareness of entrepreneurship, commercial activity and business skills
The module gives an insight into the possibilities which exist for students to make contributions within small and large business settings and to consider self-employment or setting up their own business. Students are asked to work in groups or teams and are asked to develop a business plan for their own business. A Dragon's Den event is held at which the students do a pitch.