The School of Management’s Foundation Year is designed for students that want to progress onto undergraduate study at the School, but do not yet have the required qualifications. It is your pathway to a degree at Swansea University.
Taught at The College, on the Bay Campus, the foundation year offers an excellent introduction to your subject area before beginning your journey of achieving an undergraduate degree at the School of Management.
Offering unrivalled learning experiences through smaller lectures, tutorials and a supportive network; this is the first step to you reaching your maximum academic potential. The foundation year is not a stand-alone qualification but is your first year of four at the University.
You will study your Foundation Year at The College, a state-of-the-art, beachfront building located at the Bay Campus. Upon successful completion of this initial year, you will move to the School of Management building to join our direct entry students in Year 1.
We offer a Foundation Year on the following programmes:
- BSc Business Management with a Foundation Year N10F
- BSc Business Management (Marketing) with a Foundation Year N1NF
- BSc Business Management (Entrepreneurship) with a Foundation Year 470F
- BSc Business Management (Operations & Supply) with a Foundation Year 480F
- BSc Business Management (Finance) with a Foundation Year N13F
- BSc Business Management (e-Business) with a Foundation Year N1GF
- BSc Business Management (Management Consulting) with a Foundation Year N2NF
- BSc Business Management (Business Analytics) with a Foundation Year N32F
- BSc Business Management (Human Resource Management) with a Foundation Year N60F
- BSc Business Management (Tourism) with a Foundation Year N12F
- BSc Accounting & Finance with a Foundation Year NN4F
- BSc Accounting with a Foundation Year N40F
- BSc Finance with a Foundation Year N30F
- BSc Economics with a Foundation Year L10F
- BSc Economics & Business with a Foundation Year L12F
- BSc Economics & Finance with a Foundation Year L11F
Visit The College web pages for information on Arrival and Welcome Week
Once enrolled, you will spend the first two weeks attending lectures and seminars at The College, Singleton Campus (Swansea University’s original campus, located in a beautiful park by the beach). You will complete the remainder of your Foundation Year at The College’s brand new facilities; located on the Bay Campus (Swansea University’s Science and Innovation Campus- opened September 2015
The College’s purpose built building with state-of-the-art facilities is located on the beachfront. With space for social and academic activities, it provides the optimum learning environment for students studying pathway programmes that lead directly into Swansea University degrees.
Your Foundation Year will be followed by three years of study at the School of Management, located a stone’s throw away from The College.
The School of Management boasts world class facilities; an impressive Atrium, dynamic teaching spaces, state-of-the-art IT equipment and unrivalled access to top quality careers and student support teams.