Careers resources in Blackboard
In addition to our website we provide Careers Information and Guidance resources via Blackboard:
Career Journey Map
Visit the Career Journey Map Organization in Blackboard to download notes and promotional graphics relating to our new "My Careers Journey" resources.
Careers courses for Colleges: These can be found under the “MY STUDIES” tab. They contain resources and materials that Careers Advisers use in their work with individual Colleges and Departments.
The “MY FUTURE” tab provides access to:
- The Careers website
- The SEA (Swansea Employability Award) website
- The Interactive Career Planning course (also accessible amongst courses under the “MY STUDIES” tab)
- The Pebble+ e-portfolio platform available to all current students and staff.
Interactive Career Planning course: This is mainly a repository for resources and tools provided by third parties where subscription agreements prevent us from making login details/passwords openly available on our public website. All these resources can be used free of charge by the University’s staff and students. They include:
- Employer videos: A very useful collection of videos provided by abintegro.com covering topics relating to: CVs, Interview preparation, assessment centres and job hunting.
- Business Skills E-Learning: An interactive online skills learning programme from abintegro.com.
- Profiling for success: Self-assessment tools provided under licence from Team Focus Ltd:
- Learning styles assessment
- Personality Type Dynamics Indicator
- Aptitude tests – verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning
- Values Based Indicator or Motivation
- This system provides confidential email feedback on any assessments that you submit. We strongly recommend in Service Level Agreements that students should be encouraged to use it to inform their reflective thinking in relation to Personal Development Planning and to prepare for taking employers’ psychometric/aptitude tests.
- The Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding: Published by Grad Funding.
- Adult Directions: Software to help match your skills, qualifications and interests with possible career options – covers non-graduate as well as graduate type jobs.
- My Prospects Career Planner is publicly available free of charge, but we include it in Blackboard alongside Adult Directions because the Prospects software is aimed at Higher Education students and graduates.
- Destinations: A structured resource for students and recent graduates, designed to help them manage their careers. It includes comprehensive Careers Guidance and Information materials, activities and links to further resources.
- Exodus: a database of information on working and studying abroad, published by Careers Europe - www.careerseurope.co.uk/.
- Countryside jobs: A specialist jobs bulletin for jobs relating to the natural environment.
- GAMSAT: Graduate Medical School Admissions test preparation materials.
- Career Guidance software: For ease of reference, we have also included here some links to free online guidance software that is also signposted on our website:
- Career Unlocker – a tool to help those who have got stuck at some point in the career decision making process.
- My Prospects Career Planner – developed specifically for HE students.
- Windmills – an interactive website providing a framework for holistic reflection on your career and lifestyle.