At this time, we welcome proposals relevant to Biosciences, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics and Physics that are within the EPSRC remit (see: https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/funding/howtoapply/basics/remit/).
Current research areas can be found on the departmental research pages:
Applicants must complete and submit the following documentation by 30 June 2016. This is now closed.
In addition to this open call, we are advertising a number of more focussed project areas. There will be a separate application process for these opportunities (please see this list).
To apply for a studentship, please download the research scholarship application form
and return it to the College of Science with the following:
- Academic References – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline, as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please either include these with your scholarship application or ask your referees to send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates – academic transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted along with the scholarship application by the funding deadline. We will be using these to verify your academic qualifications.
- A recent CV
- A 1000 word project proposal:
- Identifying the issue you wish to study
- Explaining why it is significant
- Describing the research design and methodology
- A short list of indicative references
- Under Item 2 “Scholarship Details” on the research scholarship application form, please put “Swansea Science DTC “ followed by the subject area, eg Biosciences, Computer Science.
Wherever possible, we encourage candidates to make contact with an academic member of staff who has expressed an interest in supervising their project.
Please email the documents to email@example.com or post them to:
Recruitment and Marketing Team
College of Science
Swansea SA2 8PP