What is a face? What does ‘beauty lost and found’ mean to you? Are visibly different faces more interesting than conventional media images? Do certain expressions delight you more? We invite you to draw, paint or photograph an amazing face.
A late 15th century painted carving of an Apostle from Austria or east-central Europe.
Part of the Bode Museum collection. Image taken by: Trish Skinner
As part of the 2017 Being Human UK Festival of the Humanities, Swansea University’s Research Institute for Arts and Humanities (RIAH) invites you to you to 'Make a Face.'
Please share your design with us and it will be featured as part of a digital display during our ‘Making Faces: Beauty Lost and Found’ event at YMCA Swansea on Wednesday 22nd November. A winner for the best image will be announced on the day! The event will offer a fascinating insight into the changing perception of the human face through history with the aid of a variety of different fun and hands on workshops and discussions.
*The event and competition are suitable for ages 14 years+
How to enter:
1. Entrants must be aged 14+ years
2. Email your photograph to: email@example.com (digital copies only).
2. Please supply the highest resolution image that you have - jpeg format only.
3. Include the title ‘Making Faces’ as the subject title.
4. Along with the image, please include a descriptive caption line and title.
5. Include your full name, contact email and daytime telephone number
By submitting your image you certify that you have read and agreed with the following rules for submission:
- Entrants must be aged 14+ years
- You must submit your own image.
- Please ensure that anyone appearing in your submission has given permission for their image to be used.
- The copyright of each work remains with the entrant, but the Research Institute for Arts and Humanities, reserve the right to reproduce any of the works, in any promotional materials, websites and social media relating to Swansea University, Being Human and Making Faces: Beauty Lost & Found and to use the entries for future exhibitions and display.
Submit your entry now! - deadline extended to Monday 2 October 2017
This event is in partnership with Changing Faces UK & YMCA Swansea
- Wednesday 23 August 2017 15.50 GMT
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 10.35 GMT
- RIAH, Swansea University