The Learned Society of Wales has announced the results of its election of Fellows.
Among those from Swansea University named by the Learned Society as being honoured this year are:
- Professor Kirsti Bohata ~ Professor of English Literature, Director of CREW
- Professor Shareen Doak ~ Personal Chair in Genotoxicology and Cancer
- Professor Biagio Lucini ~ Personal Chair Head of the Mathematics Department
- Dr Cynfael Lake ~ Reader, Department of Welsh
- Professor Danny McCarroll ~ Professor of Geography
- Professor John Robert Morgan ~ Emeritus Professor History & Classics
- Professor Perumal Nithiarasu ~ Dean, Academic Leadership, Research Impact; Head, ZIenkiewicz Centre for Computational Engineering
- Professor Gwynedd Parry ~ Professor of Law and History of Law
The Society now has just under 500 Fellows, distinguished men and women from all branches of learning who are prominent figures within their respective academic disciplines or professions.
This year 35% of the new Fellows are female. By bringing together the most successful and talented Fellows connected with Wales, the LSW to contributes to advancing and promoting excellence in all scholarly disciplines including providing independent and expert advice to Government.
Sir Emyr Jones Parry, the Society’s President, said: “I am delighted to welcome such a wide range of outstanding individuals to the Fellowship this year. Their election is recognition of excellence and achievement. They and their work are an inspiration to the nation. Fellows are elected on merit, and again the number of female Fellows is growing”.
- Monday 23 April 2018 11.11 BST
- Monday 23 April 2018 10.08 BST
- RIAH, Swansea University