Some of our collaborative research centres include:
Collaborative research with industry - driving innovation
Working with industry
Working closely with industry enables the University's researchers to make a direct positive impact in the commercial world. These industrial collaborations also provide vital funding and support for research projects across a range of disciplines, and can make a real difference to the businesses who engage with us.
You may also be interested to read more about how Knowledge Transfer Partnerships with the University enable you to
- access qualified people to spearhead new projects
- access experts who can help take your business forward
- develop innovative solutions to help your business grow
- develop your company for today's market
- increase your competitive advantage
- increase profitability by improving business performance and operations
On average, the business benefits that can be expected from a single KTP project of between one and three years are
- an increase of over £220,000 in annual profits before tax
- the creation of three genuine new jobs
- an increase in skills of existing staff
Our Colleges have also developed their own mutually beneficial relationships with industry, as have individual research institutes, centres and groups. Our Business pages highlight some of the sectors the University works with, as well as some of the facilities and equipment available to support your research and development activities.
Further support for businesses wishing to work with the University is available from the .
Alternatively, visit the Business pages of this website for further information.