Materials Engineering Opportunities
After completing the first stage of the Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) project with great success, EPSRC has awarded Swansea University further funding to continue supporting the generation and development of impact from our EPSRC funded research portfolio until the end of March 2017.
£100,000 is available to collaborative secondment/project opportunities aligned specifically to Materials Engineering (Rolls-Royce Strategic Partnership, SPECIFIC IKC, COATED/COATED2 EPSRC Doctoral Training Centres etc.)
One of the best ways to increase the sharing of knowledge is to encourage the exchange of people between universities and organisations. Therefore the IAA will be providing up to £5,000 per application in support for secondments & projects between Swansea University and external organisation that focus on the commercial development of specific research outputs.
The secondments & projects should aim to speed up or enhance the impact of EPSRC- funded research by engaging with the end-users of research outputs.
They should either:
- · Work with end-users to exploit existing EPSRC-funded research outcomes, or;
- · Inform future EPSRC grant proposals that address end-user problems, or;
- · Enable partners to plan longer term projects
During this collaboration, it is expected that the partner organisation match this value through in kind or cash contributions.
Please follow this link to see the awarded projects.
Please follow below links for more information;
- IAA MAterials Engineering Guidance Notes
- IAA FAQ for Materials Engineering
- IAA Application Form for Materials Engineering
- IAA Head of College Letter of Support
- IAA Partner Organisation Letter of Support IAA Timesheet for Materials Engineering
- IAA Timesheet for Materials Engineering
- IAA Materials Engineering Poster
- IAA Final Report template - Materials Engineering