The University has developed 'Cronfa', a publications repository to host details of all publications across campus.
The benefits to Swansea University of having an institutional publications repository include:
- Reduction of effort and duplication. The outputs in Cronfa will be entered once on the system and will be used for multiple purposes.
- For example, researcher output management, professional reviews, promotions, Research Excellence Framework submission and internal mini REF exercises and College management reports.
- Consistency and greater accuracy across the institution.
- Immediacy of promoting newly released publications
- Sharing appropriate data internally with colleagues and management
- More effective engagement with external stakeholders though rapid dissemination of publications via the website and the showcasing areas of strategic strength
- Linking with web-based search tools such as Google Scholar to increase the likelihood of citation.