As of the 1st of August 2015, our newly restructured team will be named ‘Research, Engagement & Innovation Services’ (REIS). For general enquiries from this date, please telephone 01792 295992 or email: email@example.com
Earlier in the academic year, Swansea University soared in to the Top 30 within the Research Excellence Framework table as the UK’s biggest climber between 2008 and 2014. Within the same period, the University doubled its volume of world leading academic researchers. In recent months, QS Stars awarded the University 5 stars for excellence based on overall performance across teaching, employability, research, internationalisation, facilities, innovation, inclusiveness and specialisation. Other globally recognised institutions to achieve this status include the Universities of Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge. On completion of the new £450m Bay campus in September 2015, the University will have even more opportunity to grow and excel across all disciplines.
Significantly, the University has more than tripled research income in 10 years, receiving £43 million during the 2013 / 2014 financial year compared with £14 million in 2004/2005. Research Awards received during 2013/14 totalled £57 million, which should support the continued trend in income growth over the 2014/15 period.
In line with the University’s substantial growth we have recently undergone a restructuring process to ensure seamless operations across both campuses, with team members aligned to the collective ambition of continuous improvement in performance and service excellence.
The core offering of REIS will consist of:
- Research Development – identifying funding opportunities and supporting the application process (Head of Section, Julie Williams. For further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Project Services - project support for the research community (Head of Section, Colin Elvins. For further details email: email@example.com)
- Commercial Services - business engagement, contract management, IP Commercialisation and the development & implementation of the University’s impact strategy (Head of Section, Dr Gerry Ronan. For further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership - SME engagement & networking, entrepreneurship development and leadership network (Head of Section, Professor Paul Hannon. For further details email: email@example.com)
For general please telephone 01792 295992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 30 July 2015 09.23 GMT
- Thursday 30 July 2015 09.33 GMT
- James Pack, Tel: 01792 606410