Reflecting on our first year with The Conversation, it’s hugely encouraging to see the volume and breadth of Swansea University research being featured on the global platform, and the overwhelming impact this has generated for our research community.
As of September 2017, we have had 109 articles published which have been read over 2,665,000 times, with many being republished in the main stream International media, which has led to a wide range of responses.
To mark our first year with The Conversation and to share a variety of success stories, the Welsh Editor, Ruth Dawson, will be joining us for a celebratory showcase event on the 17th October 2017.
In addition to an overview of The Conversation and a selection of presentations from Swansea University colleagues on research they have had featured, we are thrilled to announce that Ruth will be giving out an Award to one member of our research community that has provided content worthy of special recognition for ‘Journalistic Excellence’.
When: 17th October 2017; 13.00 – 14.30
Where: Council Chamber, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University
Registration: Via Agresso, Course ID 502, https://abw.swansea.ac.uk/agresso/
Contact Organiser: Research, Engagement & Innovation Services
Why Attend the Event
- Come and meet with the Welsh Editor of The Conversation and find out how you can showcase your research through the platform
- Meet with central and college based marketing & communication professionals and find out about the support available in promoting your research
- Hear from a range of our research community about the successes they have had in promoting their research through The Conversation
- Find out how you can tailor your content for a global mainstream audience
- Celebrate the breadth of world leading research being undertaken at Swansea University, and the impact this is having across the world!!!
13.00 – 13.25: Light refreshments & networking
13.25 – 13.30: Welcome from Professor Hilary Lappin-Scott, Senior Pro-Vice Chancellor
13.30 – 13.35: Engaging with The Conversation via the Press Office, Jacqui Bowen, Head of Public Relations
13.35 – 13.45: An introduction to The Conversation from the Welsh Editor, Ruth Dawson
13.45 - 14.25: Presentations from Swansea University ‘The Conversation heavyweights’ including:
- Dr Amy Brown
- Dr Alex Jones
- Rhea Seren-Philips
- Dr Luca Trenta
- Professor Andrew Kemp
14.25 - 14.30: Presentation of the Award for ‘Journalistic Excellence’
For further information, please contact Rebecca Lewis / James Pack from Research, Engagement and Innovation Services on 01792 606060.
- Monday 9 October 2017 13.28 GMT
- Monday 9 October 2017 12.30 GMT
- email@example.com, Tel: 01792 606410