Swansea University


See also:

It is a requirement of the University that you must enrol on an annual basis with Swansea University to pursue a named programme of study. You are required to enrol at the start of your course and every following academic year that fees are due. Full details are circulated to you by email and published on the University’s web pages.

If you are a new student you are required to provide relevant personal information and be financially cleared before you are allowed to enrol in the University. If you are an international student you must also provide valid immigration documents including a visa with conditions that allow you to study at the University.

Enrolment is an administrative process comprising of registration on a programme of study and being formally recognised as a University student; attending a subject area-specific induction; enrolment on modules (module selection) and ID card collection.

  • University Enrolment on a programme of study - You must log on to your University Intranet Student Profile in order to provide central administration with accurate information required by the University to conduct its business; confirm attendance by agreeing to a declaration to abide by the rules and regulations of the University and finalise arrangements for paying tuition fees. At this point the your record is amended to show that you are enrolled on a programme of study and formally recognised as a student of the University.
  • College Induction - If you are a new student you should report to your academic department to collect your enrolment forms, receive various handouts such as a teaching timetable, and attend an introductory session about the syllabus, tutors, module selection procedure and health and safety.
  • Module Selection - This is a procedure for you to confirm which modules you will be pursuing with your academic department.
  • University and Library ID Card - Cards are issued in the Library and Information Centre.

If you do not enrol on the date on which you are expected to commence your studies you will receive a reminder informing you that you must enrol or suspend your studies or withdraw from your programme. 

Note: Debtors from a previous Session will not be allowed to enrol until the outstanding balance is paid in full.

If you are a continuing student and you have not responded within the prescribed enrolment period of your programme you will be referred to a Dean, with the authority to terminate your candidature by requiring you to withdraw, and you will receive a letter informing you that you have now been withdrawn from your programme of study.

If you are a new student and you have not responded within the prescribed enrolment period of your programme you will be noted as not starting the programme and your candidature terminated.

For more information about enrolment and student administration, browse the University enrolment and induction web pages.

If you are a full-time student registered on an Undergraduate Initial Degree or a Postgraduate Taught programme you may not concurrently be enrolled on another programme leading to the award of a qualification in this or another university/institution without the express permission of the Matriculation Committee.

< Employability and Careers | Feedback - Enhancing the Student Experience >