Admission to this course is normally on the basis of UK Honours Degree Grade 2:1 or above or an equivalent qualification for overseas applicants. Graduates of any of the following cognate disciplines who have health informatics experience should consider applying for this course:
- Healthcare Professionals
- Health Information / Data Management
- Medical / Clinical Records / Coding
- ICT and Computer in Health / Social care / Sports Science
- Health Economics
- Nursing and Social Work / Care
- Business Administration and Management in Health Care
Non-graduates are also welcome to apply. All applications are considered on individual merit, taking into account any relevant work experience. Should you have qualifications below the required minimum or lack a suitable first degree, please feel encouraged to submit an application if you have at least two years of experience in health informatics or related fields.
Applicants who are not first-language English speakers must provide one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each part)
- TOEFL IBT: 93 (20 in each part)
- Pearson PTE Academic: 62 (51 in communicative skill)
- Cambridge CPE: Grade C
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia: Grade 6 or above
Applicants to this programme would normally be expected to meet the minimum entry requirements indicated above. The College/School reserves the right to ask for higher academic grades and qualifications. Admissions decisions take into account not only prior academic qualifications, but also factors including the standard of the research synopsis/proposal submitted by the applicant, their performance at interview (if required), intensity of competition for limited places and relevant professional experience (where appropriate).