New research postgraduates

September Instructions

The official Swansea University enrolment and induction elements for new research students to complete.

For new students starting in other intakes browse:

Enrolment Online

You will need to login to the intranet and enrol online by:

  • Checking and updating your student record and module selection information
  • If you are liable to pay a fee, you will need to make a payment by card online or set up a direct debit
  • Agreeing to the data protection statement
  • Agreeing to be a student at Swansea University and abide by the academic guide regulations
  • At the end of online enrolment you will receive confirmation that you have successfully enrolled.

If for any reason you cannot enrol online, staff will be available on campus to help you.

International Non-EU Registration and Enrolment

If you are not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you will need to register in person and enrol online:

  • Bring your passport and visa
  • Bring your letter of entitlement to pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)
  • If we need proof of your entry qualifications, bring your certificates. For example, an original bachelor degree certificate.
  • If your employer, embassy or trust is paying your tuition fee, bring your sponsor letter with you
  • If necessary, book an appointment to register with the police

For full details browse international registration

Pick up your University ID Card

Pick up your new University ID card from one of these venues. You must be enrolled and bring proof of your identity for example, your passport, bus pass, driving licence, UK ID card or other photo ID.

University ID card EventVenueDate & time
Engineering & Management ID cards  Great Hall Room 014
Bay Campus
 23-29 Sep, 10:00-17:00
All other students - ID card pickup  Fulton House Room C
Park Campus
 23-29 Sep, 10:00-17:00
Engineering & Management ID cards  Bay Library  All other dates 9:00 - 17:00
All other students - ID card pickup  Park Library  All other dates 9:00 - 17:00


  • If you have a student loan, after picking up your ID card the University will confirm your attendance which triggers the first student loan payment into your bank account.
  • If you are a new international student, to avoid being reported to the Home Office you must be enrolled and have your BRP and University ID cards.

Report to your supervisor

  • Inform your main supervisor that you have enrolled and confirm the next step of your work plan. Your supervisor and College administration office can advise about attending induction events or training modules.
  • Check out the welcome activities in the marquee in front of Fulton House, Singleton Park Campus


Event DateEventEvent Information
August-September Joining your course Before you Arrive Checklist
19 September Online Enrolment opens Online Enrolment FAQ 
Enrolment cycle (PDF)
Friday to Sunday
23 - 25 September
Arrivals weekend
Arrivals and Welcome
 Friday to Thursday
23 - 29 September
International non-EU Registration Register in person
Monday to Friday 
26 - 30 September
Welcome Week & Induction Undergraduate Induction
Postgraduate Induction
Fresher Events
3 October Start of teaching & learning and research Term & Semester dates
Academic Colleges

International Enrolment

What new international students from outside the EU need to know about arriving and enrolling

Read more

Joining your course

Joining your course

Information about what to do before you leave home and to help you prepare for your move to Swansea University.

Joining your course Checklist

How to pay fees

How to pay fees

September Arrivals weekend

Arrivals weekend

Find out what's happening 

Arrivals and Welcome