Before you arrive
You’ll get weekly emails about your offer of a place, pre arrival guidelines, how to enrol on your course and welcome week events
Access your intranet, University email and other online services
- Login for our online services at myuni.swan.ac.uk which allows you to access the intranet, your email, Blackboard and other online services. Your email address will be email@example.com. For example, if your student number is 123456, your email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your user id is your student number and default password is set to your student number and date of birth. For example, if your student number is 123456 and date of birth is 1st June 1995, type user id "123456" and password "123456/01/06/1995".
Upload a photo for your University and Library ID card
For your photo to be accepted it will need to be:
- a recent passport style headshot of you on your own facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- your eyes must be open and visible (no sunglasses, tinted glasses or hair across your eyes)
- your full head without any covering (unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons)
- no other people visible in the photo
- be a colour portrait (not black and white) approximately 150 pixels wide by 180 pixels high
Upload your passport
- If you are a UK or EU student, upload your passport and enter details by logging in to the intranet to confirm your identity and right to study
- If you are from the UK but do not have a passport, send a copy of your birth certificate and UK photo ID by post to Student Records, Singleton Park, Swansea University, SA2 8PP, Wales, UK or by email to email@example.com. Acceptable forms of photo ID are a UK photo driving licence or a UK PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme
- If you are an international non-EU student, bring your passport to register in person to confirm your identity and right to study.
Sort out your accommodation
- If you are in University accommodation read preparing to arrive and key collection
- If you need help to find a place to stay check out Accommodation
Sort out your tuition fees
- If you have a UK student finance loan from the Student Loans Company, your fees will be paid by your tuition fee loan/grant and your maintenance loan will be paid when you have enrolled and collected your ID card.
- If you have other sponsorship, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or sponsor letter by post to: Student Records, Singleton Park, Swansea University, SA2 8PP, Wales, UK or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the University is paying towards your fees, make sure your scholarship / bursary is authorised before you enrol
- If you are a member of staff, send us your Staff Bursary or Research Assistant Bursary form
- Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol online or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.
Enrol on your course and modules
- UK and EU students, please enrol online before arrivals weekend
- International non-EU students, during arrivals weekend register your passport and visa in person and then enrol online
- If you are studying MB BCh Medicine, Health Care Science, BSc Nursing, BMid and Paramedic courses, then you will need to attend College induction and enrol in person
- Before you agree to abide by the University's rules and regulations and understand the University is required to supply your personal data to other bodies, view rules, regulations and policies in the academic guide and student data protection statement
- If you cannot enrol online don't panic! Staff will be available to help you enrol when you arrive
Sort out your computing
- Read about the University's student computing facilities
- We suggest having your own laptop/PC and printer to support your independent learning.
Inform us of any specific requirements
- Contact Student Services to let us know if you have a physical or learning disability, medical condition or other wellbeing need.
Plan your travel