Continuing postgraduates

Preparations for enrolment

Sort out your tuition fees:

  • If your employer, trust, council or embassy is paying towards your fees, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or a letter from your sponsor by post to: "Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University,  SA2 8PP" or by email to
  • If the University or College is paying towards your fee, make sure your bursary has been authorised when you enrol (members of staff send us your Staff bursary or Research Assistant bursary form)
  • Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.

International students

  • If you have not registered your passport and visa with the University within the last year, bring your passport and visa to the enrolment in person venue.
  • Check your visa has not expired and covers the duration of your course. If you need to extend your visa talk to our International Student Advisory Service  as soon as possible.

Paying your bills

  • If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
  • If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.

International students

International visas

What international students need to know about extending or applying for a visa in order to study at Swansea University

Advice about your visa

How to pay fees

How to pay fees

Enrolment steps for a Continuing Postgraduate

Enrol annually on your course

  • Enrol online within the enrolment periods set out below:
    • For September/October, enrolment is from Monday 14th September until 19th October (Some Health, Medicine, Law and Social Care courses may start earlier, please refer to your College and the Early Enrolment Events page)
    • For research courses starting in January, the enrolment period is Monday 14th December - 18th January
    • For research courses starting in April, enrolment is from Monday 16th March until 20th April
    • For research courses starting in July, enrolment is from Monday 13th June until 18th July
  • If you are an international student and we verified your passport and visa within the last year, you can complete your enrolment online otherwise bring your documents to the enrolment venue to be verified

Enrol on modules

  • If you are a taught master's postgraduate, during online enrolment check your module selection and credits are correct. A full time student normally needs to select 120-180 credits and a part time student, normally needs 60 credits selected.
  • If necessary, contact your department to change or correct your module selection. 

Contact your College

  • If you are a taught postgraduates, please refer to your department about when to return and chack your teaching timetable.
  • Contact your main supervisor to inform them you have enrolled and confirm the next step of your work plan


Enrolment deadlines and termination of candidature

Please note, if you do not enrol by the dates below you may be withdrawn for non enrolment. 

Quarter Course start Enrolment start date Enrolment deadline
1 Aug - Oct 14/Sep/2015 19/Oct/2015
2 Nov - Jan 14/Dec/2015 18/Jan/2016
3 Feb - Apr 14/Mar/2016 18/Apr/2016
4 May - Jul 13/Jun/2016 18/Jul/2016

If you are withdrawn you will no longer be able to continue your studies, access University facilities, such as Blackboard, or stay in University owned accommodation in line with the Terms and Conditions of your tenancy agreement. 

If you hold a Tier 4 student visa and are not enrolled by the date below the University is required to inform the Home Office of your non-enrolment and if this happens, there is a real risk that your visa will be cancelled.

The University will inform Student Finance (the Student Loans Company) | Sponsor | Employer | Home Office (where relevant) of your withdrawal and notify you by email that your record has been closed and you are no longer eligible to study at Swansea University.

If you receive notification of your withdrawal but you think there has been an error or you are now in a position to enrol, you may be reinstated by submitting a Late Enrolment Approval Form in order to enrol online or in person no later than two weeks after the enrolment deadline.