Preparations for enrolment
Sort out your tuition fees:
- If your employer, trust, council or embassy is paying towards your fees, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or a letter from your sponsor by post to: "Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University, SA2 8PP" or by email to email@example.com
- If the University or College is paying towards your fee, make sure your bursary has been authorised when you enrol (members of staff send us your Staff bursary or Research Assistant bursary form)
- Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.
- If you have not registered your passport and visa with the University within the last year, bring your passport and visa to the enrolment in person venue.
- Check your visa has not expired and covers the duration of your course. If you need to extend your visa talk to our International Student Advisory Service as soon as possible.
Paying your bills
- If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
- If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.