SWANSEA SCIENCE DOCTORAL TRAINING CENTRE PHD SCHOLARSHIPS 2017/2018
Swansea Science DTC is a community committed to undertaking world-class research that has a positive impact globally.
We have a number of fully-funded PhD scholarships for 2017/2018 entry. These are competitively-funded scholarships from five of our subject areas: Biosciences, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics and Physics. Project descriptions can be found by clicking on the project titles below.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2017
- DTC PHYS 46 - Spectral properties of Quantum Chromodynamics at nonzero temperature and density
- DTC PHYS 47 - Holographic Calculation of Baryon Scattering
- DTC PHYS 48 - Levitated Optomechanics and Coherent Optical Feedback
- DTC PHYS 49 - Femtosecond electron microscopy of ultrafast phenomena for future photon-driven information technologies
- DTC PHYS 50 - Precision spectroscopy of antihydrogen
- DTC PHYS 51 - Quantum enhanced sensing based on tapered optical nanofibres
- DTC PHYS 52 - Numerical Simulation of Quantum Critical Behaviour in Graphene and Related Planar Systems
- DTC PHYS 53 - Femtosecond diffractive imaging using structured light
- DTC PHYS 54 - Higgs boson compositeness from Sp(2N) gauge models
- DTC PHYS 55 - Enhanced antihydrogen trapping for fundamental tests
- DTC PHYS 56 - Transport and Electro-Optics of Next Generation Semiconductors and Devices for Optoelectronics
- DTC PHYS 57 - Quantum Neural Networks with Atoms and Photons
- DTC PHYS 58 - Chern-Simons and Bosonisation in Condensed Matter Physics
- DTC PHYS 59 - Compositeness and Physics Beyond the Standard Model.
- DTC PHYS 60 - Duality and Resurgence in String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- DTC PHYS 61 - Antimatter gravity
- Swansea University/College of Science PhD Scholarship 2016/2017: Thin Film Optoelectronic Device Physics (closing Date: 21 May 2017)
- Data Intensive PhD positions (closing date: 15 June 2017)