The Occupational Health Centre is based on campus as is open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday). To contact the centre, please ring +44 (0) 1792 295538 or email Occupational-Health@swansea.ac.uk
As specialists in the field, occupational health staff are a valuable resource for information and guidance. They have a responsibility to:
- Provide specialist medical advice and information on the management of stress.
- Support individuals who have been off sick with stress and advise them, in conjunction with Human Resources and their Heads of School/Department, on a planned return to work
- Refer individuals to counsellors or specialist agencies as required
- Promote health and individual stress management techniques
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of medical measures to reduce stress
- Inform the University and the Occupational Health and Safety Policy Committee of any changes and developments in the medical field of stress at work