Please note: If you are a member of staff whose line manager is changing, please could you consider the following actions:
- Arrange an informal meeting with your new line manager to introduce yourself and to discuss your performance over the past year.
- To help ensure that your review is meaningful and that you receive recognition, upload all supporting documentation using the “Documents Upload” section.
Step 1 Preparation for the Face to Face Discussion:
- Confirm the date, time and venue of your face to face interim review meeting with your line manager.
- Role Profile: No amendments required.
- Previous Objectives: No amendments required.
- Colleagues with Values in their job description only Feedback Objectives: In preparation for your annual review, your “Values Feedback Report” was uploaded into the “Document Uploads” section of your PDR. The “Feedback Objectives” tab allowed you to capture agreed outcomes, actions, support measures and level of commitment in relation to the values feedback. Please take the time to reflect on your progress since your annual PDR in the “Progress Notes” box and using the drop down box options of “Achieved”, “Not Achieved” or “Not Applicable” please update your status against each objective.
- Current Objectives: Please take the time to reflect on your progress since your annual PDR. Using the drop down box options of “Achieved”, “Not Achieved” or “Not Applicable” please update your status against each objective. In the “Progress Notes” text area, please capture your evidence in support of your status.
- Document Uploads: Please upload any information that will help your discussion with your line manager and to ensure you are recognised for your progress since your annual PDR.
- Notes and Messages: If you want a note to be private (that is, visible only to you) then tick the ‘Note Is Private?’ checkbox. You need to add a note informing your line manager that you have completed all your preparation and are ready for your face to face interim meeting.
- Save: Once you have completed the above, press “Save” and then “Send Interim Request to Reviewer”. Your line manager will now be aware that your preparation for your face to face interim meeting is ready.
Step 2 The Face to Face Meeting:
Review of this year's agreed objectives
- The interim review is a two way discussion about your progress in relation to your agreed objectives from your annual PDR and to consider any further help and guidance required for the remaining review period.
- It is important that you and your line manager have prepared for the discussion.
- The discussion should result in a balanced summary, incorporating recognition of progress made, as well as challenging any areas where progress could be improved. It is important that you are encouraged to explore ways in which you believe you can improve.
- You should leave this discussion feeling valued, recognised and challenged. You should have a clear understanding of your objectives for the remainder of the review period, expectations required and any appropriate support and development required to achieve them.
Step 3 Following the Face to Face Meeting:
- Agree with your line manager when you plan to have your full annual review, between the 1st September and 30th November 2017.
- Following the face to face meeting, amend any areas that you and your line manager have agreed during the discussion.
- This can either be completed in the meeting room with your line manager as long as a PC/ Laptop is available or updated in an alternative venue.
- Once you have completed this, press “Save” and inform your line manager.
- Your interim review is now ready for your line manager to process.
Both you and your line manager will be sent a confirmation email with a calendar attachment. You can import the attachment into your Outlook calendar (by double clicking it) to remind you when you should organise the next main review.