What is SIREN?
Swansea International Race Equality Network (SIREN) is open to all staff who would like to promote Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) race equality at the University.
Its aims include:
- To enhance the experience of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff
- To promote race equality through active consultation and involvement on BAME issues.
- Acting as a vehicle for change
- Provide an opportunity to share experiences, best practices and a safe space to network.
- To contribute to staff development and awareness raising in relation to equality.
- Provide support, guidance and signposting.
- Provide a forum to voice opinions to the Race Equality Working Group
- To provide a social opportunity to staff.
If you would like to join the network or have any queries, please contact the Equality team at email@example.com