Please see below minutes from the University's Equal Opportunities Committee.
Equal Opportunities Commity Minutes, 9 October 2008
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 27 May 2008
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 12 February 2008
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 8 October 2007
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 29 May 2007
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 13 February 2007
Equal Opportunities Committee Minutes, 9 October 2006
Please contact a member of the Equal Opportunities Team if you have any queries regarding the above minutes.
|Name of Committee||EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES COMMITTEE|
|Purpose:||To monitor and consider ways of extending equal opportunities in the University of Wales Swansea in relation to employment and student issues.|
|Reporting to:||Management Board|
|Terms of Reference:|
• To make recommendations via the Management Board to the Human Resources Policy Committee (or other relevant committees) regarding the formulation, evaluation and refinement of the University’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
• To advise the Management Board on the fulfillment of the University’s statutory obligations.
• To prepare and maintain an institutional Equal Opportunities action plan to ensure that the equal opportunities policies are translated into programmes of action.
• To advise Schools and Departments in the implementation of University Equal Opportunities Policies.
• To establish working groups to investigate and report on the equal opportunities dimension of any aspect of the University’s policies and procedures where appropriate. (E.g. Race Equality Working Group)
• To receive and consider reports from the Director of Human Resources, the Equal Opportunities Officer and other relevant Officers, as well as annual reports on equal opportunities monitoring statistics.
|Sub-Committees / Groups:|| Race Equality Working Group|
Disability Equality Working Group
Gender Equality Working Group
|Chair||Ms Jane Elliott|
|Trades Union representatives|
|AEEU||Mr Bernard Watkins|
|UCU||Dr. Suranjit Saha|
|MSF||Mr Tony Aldridge|
|TGWU||Mr Roy M Badham|
|UNISON||Mr Neil Gaskin|
|Faculty Representatives||(The Dean, an Associate Dean or senior Member)|
|Arts and Humanities||Dr T Fitzpatrick|
|Business, Economics and Law||Professor Alan E H Speight|
|Health and Human Sciences||Mrs N Pearson|
|Engineering and Science||Dr Andrew McCowen|
Two representatives appointed by
Dr Keith H Halfacree
One representative of the
|Director of Human Resources||David Williams|
|Staff Development Officer||Mr Andrew Morgan|
|Students' Union Womens Officer||Ms Leoni Munslow|
Three members of the Equal Opportunities
| Ms Sarah Huws-Davies|
Ms Helen Brocklehurst
Ms Melanie Jones
|A representative from the Disability Equality
|Mr Andrew Hubbard|
| A representative from the Race Equality
|Dr. Suranjit Saha|
|Enquiries – Alan Kerfoot (extn: 5351)|