Occupational Health Centre
As specialists in the field, occupational health staff are a valuable resource for information and guidance.
The Occupational Health Centre is based on campus as is open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday). To contact the centre, please ring +44 (0) 1792 295538 or email Occupational-Health@swansea.ac.uk.
The Occupational Health Service is available to provide confidential advice and support as outlined below (please note it is necessary to make an appointment). We can be contacted about:
- Health assessments for all new staff, with follow up advice as appropriate
- Ergonomic advice/workstation assessment where there are health problems
- Advice regarding counselling
- Osteopathy referrals
- VDU eye sight referrals
- Returning to work following sickness absence of longer than 4 weeks.
- Support for individuals who have been off sick with stress and advise them, in conjunction with Human Resources and their Heads of School/Department, on a planned return to work
- A health problem which you perceive has been caused or exacerbated by work or if you have a health problem that is affecting your work
- A health condition that is likely to be covered by current disability legislation and adjustments to workplace/duties/hours etc. may be required