Bay Campus Relocation
Employees required to undertake duties at both sites will be able to travel on the bus service between sites at no cost to the individual. Please contact the administration team in your area, who will be able to assist you
Information for Staff Relocating to Bay Campus
All staff are contracted to work at any such premises as may be occupied by Swansea University. It is therefore expected that employees required to relocate will do so.
The relocation policy and procedure explain arrangements for staff moving to Bay Campus.
The University undertakes to pay a disruption allowance to eligible employees and will consider temporary arrangements for employees in exceptional circumstances.
The policy applies to all employees who are required by the nature of their role to relocate to Bay campus. Employees who have been appointed to positions with a stated future base of Bay Campus will not be eligible. Cut off dates in respect of this will be stated in the relevant Bay Campus Relocation Procedure.
- All employees are contracted to work at any such premises as may be occupied by Swansea University, it is therefore expected that employees required to relocate will do so.
- The University will pay a Disruption Allowance of 25p per mile for 2 years to employees who will travel an additional 3 miles or more to work. The maximum claim cannot be more than 5 miles each way. This allowance will be calculated as an annual lump sum, paid monthly in arrears.
- It is recognised that some members of staff might have some personal difficulty in relocating to the Bay Campus. Variation to working arrangements in individual cases may be granted where possible and appropriate.
- The University is committed to providing a frequent regular bus service between the two campus sites. Where members of staff are required to travel between campuses, they may use the bus service at no cost to themselves. Travelling expenses will NOT be reimbursed for travel by car between sites.
- Special arrangements will be agreed for those who need to work additional hours in the evening or at weekends to affect a transfer in a timely manner. These arrangements will be stated in the relevant Bay Campus Relocation Procedure.
- No redundancy payments will be made where members of staff choose not to relocate.