Arriving by car
Please be aware that the roads around the University can be busy on Open Days. Please allow sufficient time for your journey and follow directions from University staff and Swansea Council Parking Attendants to available parking.
Disabled parking is available on both sites, please drive onto either the Bay campus or Singleton park campus and staff on the gate will be able to show you to the accessible parking.
Parking and Directions Singleton Park Campus
The postcode for SatNav users is SA2 8PP. Parking is available at the Recreation Ground Car Park, please follow the directions below and yellow AA signage for Singleton Park Campus.
If approaching from the East:
- Exit the M4 at Junction 42 (signposted Swansea A483) where the slip road will bring you onto Fabian Way. Follow signs for the city censure.
- From Fabian Way (AA Signage from this point) follow signs for Swansea University/The Gower around the city centre until you pass Tesco.
- Continue straight on Oystermouth Road until you reach the Recreation Ground Car Park near the University.
- To enter the Recreation Ground car park turn right into Brynmill Lane. Continue up to the mini roundabout and return to Oystermouth road turning left at the bottom. The Entrance to the car park will be on your left hand side.
If approaching from the West:
- Exit the M4 at Junction 47 (signposted A483/A48). At the roundabout take the third exit onto the A483.
- At the roundabout take the first exit and continue on the A483
- Continue straight along the road, passing the Tesco Extra and the retail park.
- At the third set of traffic lights (opposite the Marquis Arms Pub) turn right (onto Station Road)
- Continue straight along the A4216 (Cockett Road).
- Go straight ahead at the first mini-roundabout, and then right onto Vivian Road at the mini-roundabout immediately afterwards.
- Continue along the A4216 (Vivian Road). At the traffic lights by the Vivian Pub continue straight ahead. At the next set of traffic lights turn left onto Sketty Park Road.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto Sketty Lane (A4216).
- Continue past the Wales National Pool and turn left onto Mumbles Road (A4067) at the traffic lights. Please note there is no access to the University through the Hospital site.
- The entrance to the Recreation Ground Car Park is immediately on your left after the second set of lights by the bus stop.
Parking and Directions Bay Campus
For SatNav users the postcode for the Bay Campus is SA1 8EN
Parking will be available at the Bay Campus for students who are considering studying the following courses;
College of Engineering;
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering - Integrated Foundation Year Schemes
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Sports Materials Engineering
School of Management;
- Business Management
- Accounting and Finance
If Arriving from M4
Leave the M4 at junction 42 (A483 Swansea) the slip road will bring you onto Fabian way. Follow signs to the city center. You will see Bay Campus Open Day road signs. The Bay Campus is on the left. Please follow the instructions of staff on the day when you arrive on site.
Please see below for information about Open Day shuttle buses and how to travel between campuses throughout the day.
Open Day Shuttle Buses
There will be buses provided on Open Days to transfer between the Railway Station and the Bay Campus or Singleton Park Campus and to Hendrefoelan Student Village.
We ask visitors to please use the buses to get around to reduce congestion around the city and not use your cars to travel between campuses.
Shuttle Bus Map
Shuttle Bus Routes
Route One Singleton Park Campus to Bay Campus.
Route Two Swansea Train Station to Singleton Park Campus.
Route Three Swansea Train Staion to Bay Campus.
Route Four Singleton Park Campus to Hendrefoelan Student Village.
Arriving by Public Transport
Regular trains from London Paddington, South Wales and the rest of the UK arrive at Swansea's High Street Station.
Our student Ambassadors will meet you on the station concourse and a free shuttle service will be running from the station to the Bay Campus and Singleton Park Campus from 9.30am.
Bus services are avalible from the city centre quadrant bus station to both the Bay Campus and Singleton Park Campus please click here for more information.
There is also a taxi rank outside the station for those who would prefer to use this service.
Read more about our stunning location.